Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Now we're cooking...

It's been a while since I posted and for that I apologize, but I've been busy.  Busy in a good way.  See, we're finally brewing!  I went through about seven different welders before I finally found a company that could do the job and do it right.  I find it amazing how hard it was to get someone to come out and look at the tank, be able to fit inside it, and not be "too busy with other jobs" to fix my leak.  (If you were too busy why did you come out in the first place?)

But no matter.  It's fixed and all is well.  I've brewed two batches so far and after tomorrow all the fermenters will be full!  In about a week or so the first batch should be done and ready to sell.  The first brew day went reasonably well even though it took 16 hours to get done.  We hit the gravity pretty close, although an issue with the wort chiller made that part of the process take quite a bit longer than expected. 

That's all for now, but I'll keep everybody informed of where and when the first kegs will be sold!